September 26, 2007

a little time away.

It was a joy for me this last week to venture across a bit of sea to a little place known as Malaysia...
So good to be there... with friends... fellow Canadians... and Capernwrayer's at that... and in a new time and place.

I was blessed by the company of old and new friends, who are seeking opportunities to Serve our Saviour. What an encouraging crowd to hang out with... they who are surrendered to lives of service, no matter where the Lord may lead them. They head to India in just a few days, and I know that there lives will continually be transformed as they enjoy the service of the King in this new location.

I enjoyed good conversation (not about birth or ANYTHING midwifery!!), I enjoyed grand food (the Indian food in Penang was SO grand!), and I was blessed by the way my comrades served me... even when it was not their obligation, nor my quest. I felt like I was being fed, and restored, by the very hands of my God, who serves us in every way, EVERYDAY... tenderly loving us, and caring for our every need.

So thank you CHBC/GV friends for letting me join you... thank you MMC friends for letting me jump away for 5 days to another time and place... and thank you FRIEND for knowing my every need, desire and longing... YOU are so good to me.

Signing off, as Jay would say.. "Just doing what I do, where I do it..."
Truly. I am blessed. This is truth to hold onto.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lois hunt!
How are you doing girlie? How is school? And life? I am well. Just finishing up my last couple days of my last 2 week break. It's been kinda wierd to have no agenda and nothing to do! But i've loved it...i knitted almost a whole sweater...I just have 1.5 sleeves left. It's one i'm doing for jess for christmas....but i might end up doing another one for her becuase i did this one out of wool, and she is going to be in flordia...so i'm thinking cotton would be a better option...Anyways, hope all is well...miss you and loves to you!
Geans
ps...i love reading your blog hon...keep on writing!

sarah said...

Lo!
I am so glad that you got to experience Malaysia for a few days! We lived there for two years in my childhood. We lived in Kuala Lumpur but I remember taking a vacation to Penang and all of the gorgeous beaches there. What a beautiful place. Maybe one day I'll get to enjoy it again. sigh. Love you girl...