April 15, 2008

humana...

SO... Apparently we are all done this school thing. I think that is reason enough to celebrate... but apparently there has not been ample opportunity to throw a big bash just yet... maybe it has something to do with the fact that one of our classmates is not yet done, as she is on holiday in the states. Maybe it is also due to the fact that life is still crazy in the birth room, or perhaps its because we now have a test to study for every week until we are finished with the final at the end of JUNE.

WELL... at least THEN it will be time to party indeed...
As for now? Well, I seem to be more busy this week than I was last, even though there are no longer assignments to contend with my time! I'm on cooking team this week with Jenna and Janelle... always a good time in the kitchen... and we are also at work trying to get all our paper work together to send off to the states so that we can officially graduate in June.

All of my "numbers" are complete, except for about 27 well woman exams that I need to track down non-pregnant ladies for. That is actually harder than one may think as a LARGE majority of the people I know in the Philippines are currently WELL with child... :)

And in other very great and exciting news... Jenny and I are going to Tabuk (as small town 16 bus ride north of Manila), next Tuesday, and will be there for three weeks helping out at a little birthing center. The gal who runs the clinic is a Canadian that was originally trained here and Davao, and has just started this clinic up recently. She went to Canada to have her baby and is in need of a few extra hands for a few weeks. Jenny and I have this GRAND opportunity, and I am excited for all the unknowns and change of pace this trip will involve...

The slightly funny part of all this is that I have not been away from Davao for this long since I arrived in September '06... and well... I am gonna miss this place... ;)!

Anyways... I think that is all for now... :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I promise we'll miss you more than you'll miss us.

But theirs always Skype...

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you're getting the chance to go up to Tabuk and help out there. It's a great little place they have up there and the travel to Tabuk makes it even more grand. Enjoy yourselves!! =)