Well... this week has been, if nothing else, overwhelming! At moments I thought I might self-combust with elation... Others left me feeling like a milk truck had just run me over...
One thing remains true through all of these emotions though, that being that my Lord and Saviour is Truth... And thus is loving me, holding me, guiding me and being my strength and light for each of these steps... Because that is who He says He is. And He cannot deny Himself!
It is funny how wrecked we begin to feel as soon as life looks anything but what we have expected it to... or we aren't accomplishing all we think we ought... Funny how it looks when we take control. Not so funny really!
I am reminded of this today, and reminded to TRUST in the mighty arms of my indescribabley awesome God.
I ventured out into the "Real World" today for a few hours to get a book from the library and buy 175mL of plain yoghurt that ended up costing $1.49!! (Really exciting... I know... But the decision to buy it took me a good 10 minutes!) Anyways... I was also on a mission to get passport photo's... And at the travel shop I had a very interesting conversation with the man there. After about three sentences of conversation he had me tagged "from Capernwray" and said that I had an "aura" about me... Of the "Almighty God"... Then he said, and this is what I found interesting, "It is what you live and breathe, isn't it". Huh. I thought I was just getting passport photo's. I have no idea what this guy's religious affiliation is, but in moments he reminded me of the Might that I have become accustomed to... The very presence of the Almighty God who is constantly my breath and life. Wow! Thank you nameless man for reminding me of the treasure that I posses. May I not tightly grasp this store!!
About the milk truck... Well, my conclusion to the cause of that is information overload, lack of sleep, and serious procrastination! Can't do much about item #1... but the other two I could definately work on! The only excuse I can give right now for writing this blog is that it is on my "To Do" list... So I'm safe... And that and one of my house-mates, Tara, made a funny when I was looking at scrubs online today, and I had to share it... Her comment was, and I quote,
"Do you think that scrubs started by someone saying, 'Hey, let's make a full bodied apron!'?"
Oh man... I am thankful for these girls...



My House-mates:
~ Rachelle ~ Christina ~ Tara ~ Donna ~
June 3, 2006
Passport Photo's and Procrastination...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Lois!
hello old friend, I stumbled upon this (actually Cindy told me that you had a blog and I checked it out) Very fun. So what exactly are you up to my dear? Aaron and I are going to Panama this Thursday and co-leading a group of students to work with YWAM. Then we are moving out to Chile at the end of August seeing what God has for us there.
It is too true about what you said about God being truth and wholly grasping what he says. When you live a life of radical dependence you need to hold on to those promises because you simply must let go and trust the one who is in control.
Would love to hear from you!!
Sarah
Post a Comment