The Philippines is in a pretty earthquakey area of the world... yet it has been FOREVER (ok, at least 8 or 9 months) since I have felt a shake.
Several times I have thought this of late... and then on March 20th at about 10:10pm on the clinic's clocks... while we were sitting chatting on the coach... I felt a jiggle... I thought it was just Janelle on the far side of the couch going a little crazy... but when I looked up I realized she was fairly stationary... and everyone in the room was looking around to find the cause of the tremble they were feeling in their bones!
I looked this quake up on this website my brother-in-law Cameron showed my when I felt my first one here about 2 years ago.
Apparently it's epicenter was about 170km away from Davao in the middle of the ocean... and it had a magnitude of 6.0. That's a fairly good size quake! I'm glad we were so far away!
Check out the link...
These are some pretty powerful forces: makes me feel really small.
March 25, 2008
earthquate...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Interesting! What fun to look it up on the site and learn a tad bit more. Mom
Post a Comment